Unfortunately not everybody feels joyous during the holidays. Many feel that they are alone or miss a loved one who no longer is with them. Whatever the reason, depression is rampant this time of year. What I want to share with you now is that this does not have to be the case. Reach out to someone and let them know you are in pain. We have all been there at one time or another. There are techniques to help you move through the pain in a safe way and return back to your true self. Here are a few.
1. My mother always told me this saying. This too shall pass.
When you are in the middle of a depressive episode you fear that this pain will never go away, but it does and it will. So remind yourself that although you are sad right now, this will soon pass and you will feel good again.
2. Take a nap. Sound silly? it's not. It stops the momentum of negative thoughts. When you think a negative though, it attracts another negative thought, then another, and another until you build up a momentum of negativity that you can't seem to stop. That is why taking a nap can help. When you wake up, start thinking of things that make you happy, that you like, or a time in your life when you felt joy. One happy thought leads to another and another and momentum kicks in and you are automatically having a better day.
3. Reach out to someone you trust and ask them to help you think of positive thoughts. Share memories of times you have spent together that you enjoyed. Let them know you are going through a rough patch and could use their friendship.
4. Go sit in nature, feet grounded to the earth. Let the earth take away your pain and fill up with it's nurturing energy. Be still and quiet your mind and just feel. Allow yourself to feel the pain leave into the core of the earth and feel nature around you sending you love and healing energy. Sound silly? This is what I did when I had breast cancer and was in a lot of pain from chemo. I would go in my garden and lay on the earth and all my pain would lift and I felt nurtured and loved. 14 years later, here I am giving advice on how to get rid of your pain.
5. Call a professional who can help you move through your pain. I promise you that on the other side of that pain is a new empowered way of being. Out of the darkness comes light.
If you are in a joyful place, share that with someone who may need a little lift.
Subscribe to my blog!
You are welcome to post your comments on my page. I would love to hear back from you. That is what make a blog fun. Share what emotions or memories that this image evokes. Thanks for viewing this blog.
by Margot Carrera
Specialties: Nature Photography, Living Art, Digital Art and Design, Healing Arts, Feng Shui. Margot Sherry Bogdanow-Carrera’s lifelong dedication to nature photography, her preferred art form for portraying this Earth, the planet unto which we are born and bound to preserve, is evident throughout her website: www.CarreraFineArt.com. Nature, in return, provides us with everything necessary for the spiritual journey we take while we remain on Earth. Too many of us, preoccupied with our daily struggle to survive, have lost sight of that promise, forgetting that if we had cared for Earth, there would be no struggle. Margot Carrera’s avowed insightful and artistic intent is to remind humankind of their connection to and with Nature, to remember that every one of us are – or should be – devoted stewards of this Earth. One can readily observe her special bond with every object she photographs and how this inspires each memorable image. “When you look at my website,” says Carrera, “you will discover at least one singular image that speaks directly to you and helps you to recall your own beautiful connection to Earth."
We use PayPal. You do not have to have an account with PayPal to make purchases through them. There is an option to use your existing PayPal Account, Create a PayPal Account or just use a credit card. Choose any payment method option you are comfortable with.